*****Sometimes I just copy down a recipe and then forget where I got it from so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you recognize a recipe and I do not have it sited let me know so that I can give the proper person/book credit. THANKS!*****

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Chicken Noodle Casserole

We all really enjoyed this, my 2-year-old said "Mmmmm tastes good." Haha. It was super easy and really filling.

Chicken Noodle Casserole
(Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook)

Serves: 8
9 P+ for approx. 1-½ cups



5 cups uncooked egg noodles
1 stalk celery, chopped (I did two because it didn't look like much)
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
4 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped (I used leftovers from a roaster I made a few days ago, it worked out awesome!)
1 can cream corn
1 can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
2 cups reduced-fat shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup chopped red pepper
1 cup frozen peas (I used canned and it worked fine, a pea is a pea and I don't like them any which way lol)
1/4 tsp. ground pepper

  • Cook noodles according to package directions- add celery, carrots and peas during last 5 minutes. Drain.
  • Stir in remaining ingredients reserving 1 cup of the cheese.
  • Transfer 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
  • Cover and bake at 350 for 30 min.
  • Top with reserved 1-cup of cheese and bake 10 minutes longer.
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment