*****Sometimes I just copy down a recipe and then forget where I got it from so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you recognize a recipe and I do not have it sited let me know so that I can give the proper person/book credit. THANKS!*****

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Winter Salsa Blues

So everyone and when I say everyone I mean everyone on my WW board has been raving about the Pioneer Woman's salsa recipe...

I am a salsa snob, well since last summer.

Last summer I had my very first vegetable garden and all summer long I had the most amazing, colorful, pico de gallo type salsa. I was spoiled. My garden was soon done for the year and I resorted back to "tostitos meduim" I know I know it is bad. Very bad, but I was desperate.

I am desperate no longer. This salsa recipe is truly amazing. My favorite part? Three... count them 1 2 3 fresh ingredients (if you are an avid cook then you should have lime juice and garlic cloves on hand anyway), and the rest is canned. I must admit I was skepitcal at first, just because how fresh can something taste if half the ingredients are from a can? I was wrong. It tastes and looks like "fresh ingredient" salsa....

I will never go back to "tostitos medium" again and I guarantee that after you make this you won't either.

May we never suffer from Winter Salsa Blues again.

Pioneer Woman's Restaurant Style Salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment