*****Sometimes I just copy down a recipe and then forget where I got it from so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you recognize a recipe and I do not have it sited let me know so that I can give the proper person/book credit. THANKS!*****

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Burgers with Fresh Slaw

Buffalo Chicken Burgers with Fresh Slaw
(Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook)

So I loved these, as did my SIL, BIL and husband. They were delicious and I will totally be making them again. Hubby and I even liked the slaw and that is def. not us. Sorry for the lack of pictures too, we made these at SIL's and I forgot my camera.

Serves 4
5 P+ not including bun, I used the Flat-Out Fold-it's (3P+)

SLAW:
¼ cup thinly sliced celery
¼ cup shredded apple (I used Granny Smith and just sliced it really thin)
2 T. fat-free blue cheese dressing
1 tsp. finely chopped walnuts

SAUCE:
3 T hot sauce
2 tsp. Ketchup
2 tsp. light butter, melted

BURGERS:
2 T chopped red pepper
2 T + 4 t. thinly sliced green onions, divided
1 T unsweetened applesauce
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. garlic salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1 lb ground chicken
lettuce

  • In a small bowl combine celery, apple, salad dressing and walnuts.
  • In another small bowl combine hot sauce, ketchup and butter, set aside.
  • In a large bowl combine red pepper, 2 T green onion, applesauce, salt, garlic salt and pepper.
  • Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into 4 burgers.
  • Broil 6" from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side. BRUSH WITH SAUCE.
  • Serve on lettuce lined buns, top with 2 T slaw and remaining onion.
Note: SIL has this great but PITA George Forman grill that we made these on and it worked just fine. I don't think it is neccessary to actually broil them. I think I would even consider grilling them if I could get my husband to do it. I thought all men liked to grill?

No comments:

Post a Comment